Remove or Edit Your Record
Having your record removed or edited is easy: simply modify your corporate record with the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC). It can be done on their website, and just takes a few minutes.
Our website reflects the contents of the SCC's website. It is updated each Wednesday at 2:00 AM, which is when the SCC updates their downloadable data set.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can’t you just remove my business’s record?
We could, but it would just automatically re-appear the following Wednesday at 2:00 AM.
2. But can’t you just go in and, like, delete it?
No. See previous question.
3. Can’t you just remove part of my record?
No, see question #1.
4. It is very important to me that you remove my record.
That is not a question. That it is important to you has no bearing on the mechanics of how this system work. Again, see question #1.
5. This is private information and I demand that you remove it from this website.
Again, not a question. Business records are the opposite of private. Corporate records are, by design, public. That’s the point of them. If you don’t want private information made public, see question #1.